Stink Bug Management Resources
- Overwintered stink bugs migrating into fields are difficult to find often until the first hatch is well established.
- First generation hatches are also difficult to see at early instars without plant shaking
- Pheromone traps can provide a good early warning on source of intial migration and timing.
- Early field border treatments can greatly reduce field losses.
- Pyretheroid plus neonicotinoid combinations have been the most effective replacements for OP and endosulfan
- All products require superior coverage and canopy penetration to be effective.
- Pesticide labels are being updated to improve pre-harvest interval restrictions-check label updates.
UC IPM Management Page is current, but additonal resources are listed below:
- IPM stink bug webpage: http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/r783300211.html
- Source of pheromone lures http://www.alphascents.com/Lures/lures.html
- New invasive brown marmorated stink bug http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/EXOTIC/
Subscribe to email alerts: Link to TomatoNet subscription service